group blog proposal

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106511] group blog proposal
  • From: Michael Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:17:22 -0500 (EST)

I find that I really enjoy the few Mathematica blogs I know about,
chiefly http://mathgis.blogspot.com/ and Wolfram's official blog
(http://blog.wolfram.com/). I toyed with creating one of my own years
ago, but gave up almost right away
(http://www.wheels.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/). It was just too time
consuming.

Would anybody here be interested in creating a 'group' blog, where
interesting bits of code and observations could be posted? Friends of
mine have done such things on literary and political topics. If there
were a dozen or so people contributing, it would be relatively easy I
think to keep a steady supply of new material without creating a burden
on anyone.

Michael Stern