Astrophysical Data Selection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106718] Astrophysical Data Selection
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 04:58:05 -0500 (EST)

I have a FITS image from some satellite data, and I would like to be
able to pull a rectangle around an ArrayPlot of the image to get a
subset of that image. I can do this with cursors, but I would just like
to be able to mousedown at a point, pull the rectangle and upon release
"Take" that subset of the image data. Any ideas?

Kevin