Financial Planning Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106749] Financial Planning Notebook
  • From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:40:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

I have tried Google without much success.

Does anyone know of a Mathematica Notebook for financial planning?

This could include simple things like mortgage planning to interest
accounts, to 401k planning over a long term (normal interest models,
compound models and the like).

This is basically of set of commands that can help you investigate
these sorts of questions and to play with numbers and graphs of such
things to plan for the longterm.

 It could include interest bearing accounts, projecting future
earnings and estate planning.

Obviously, one is not going to find all of these things (although it
would be an excellent project to show people what Mathematica can do).

However, is there a notebook with a set of primitives that can be used
to do these sorts of things?

Thanks for any pointers.

~A