Re: How to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106816] Re: How to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica?
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:40:40 -0500 (EST)

Shen wrote:

> I need to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica. I noticed
> that there is no such a function in Mathematica. Can we define such a
> funcation? I don't know how to do it. Who can tell me how to define
> and calculate covariant derivative with Mathematica?

I wrote a small package called brfART.m for calculations with tensors and
GRT stuff. It has a function to calculate covariant derivatives. You may
find it on <http://www.pbreitfeld.de/Download.html>

There is an introduction brfART-Bsp.nb too on this site.

Beware: Language is German.

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de