Redshift Calcs in Mathematica 7+

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106855] Redshift Calcs in Mathematica 7+
  • From: "John Smith" <someone at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 05:06:30 -0500 (EST)

I have been using Wolfram Alpha to obtain Redshift data -- for example:
Redshift 1.5 will return 9.32 billion years ago and much additional info.  I
have been trying to get this same computation from Mathematica 7.01 on my
home computer -- but I have been unable to produce any calcs based upon
Redshift input. Specifically, I would like to generate data for a range of
Redshift -- like 1 to 1100.  Anybody with a solution.

Thanks,

David