Re: use of a button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106929] Re: use of a button
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:46:17 -0500 (EST)

Dear Alexei,

My understanding is that Button evaluates its action upon clicking.
This is good for assigments and stuff, however, the result is not
displayed. The trick is to use Print, the same as when you generrate
graphics in a Do loop.

rose = Import["ExampleData/rose.gif"];
Button["Show rose", rose // Print]

Cheers -- Sjoerd