Re: Access to Open Excel Cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106938] Re: [mg106918] Access to Open Excel Cell
  • From: Ariel Sepulveda <sepulveda.cuevas at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:44:52 -0500 (EST)

The Mathematica application in this link
http://www.prontoanalytics.com/products/spreadlike/overview.htm is designed
to generate a trigger automatically anytime the contents of the spreadsheet
is modified.  If needed, a trigger can be generated anytime a particular
cell is changed.  Other user requirements can be implemented to make it
suitable for other functionalities.  My contact info is provided below.
 Other data manipulation and analysis applications are available in
http://www.prontoanalytics.com/products.htm.

This an excerpt of the information in the link above:
Sharing is one of the most useful features of SpreadsheetLike. The idea is
that at any time data inside SpreadsheetLike can be used externally for any
user-defined application. The example below shows a dataset where columns A,
B, E, and G are hidden and data is being sorted by column I. By setting
sharing mode to Continuous any change made in the data is continuously being
written to the global variable defined in Variable Name. Thus,
SpreadsheetLike can be used as a data input tool for any user-defined
function.

--
Ariel Sepulveda, Ph.D.
ariel.sepulveda at prontoanalytics.com