Problem with ContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106975] Problem with ContourPlot3D
  • From: "Dominic" <miliotodc at rtconline.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:11:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

I'm unable to obtain a clean plot of this DE solution:

ContourPlot3D[y^2 == Cos[x]/(4*x + z),
{x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}, {z, 0, 10}]

If I specify PlotPoints->50, Mathematica crashes.  If I try
MaxRecursion->4, it also locks up.  The command above does produce a
plot but it's jagged and has an "extraneous sheet" between the two
sections of the plot.  Any way to get a nicer plot?

Thanks,

Dominic