non rectangular crop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110703] non rectangular crop
  • From: Alessandro <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 07:28:16 -0400 (EDT)

is it possible to have a not rectangular image in Mathematica?

I have a lot of images acquired by microscope - they are all squared,
with the circular field of view surrounded by black.
I'd like - for further processing - to crop all the black region
outside the circle.

Or perhaps images are all rectangular in M?

alessandro