More flexibility in placement of ChartLegend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110825] More flexibility in placement of ChartLegend
  • From: "Michael A. Gilchrist" <mikeg at utk.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 03:12:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've been working with the Histogram[] function and want to include a legend.
According to Mathematica's mystical ways the option Legend does not work with
Histogram[]. Instead one needs to use a ChartLegend which has a different
syntax and only a few options for placement (Top, Bottom, Center).

My question: "Is there an easy way to finely control the placement of a legend
in Histogram[]?"

I've spent a couple of hours messing aroudn with Legend[], Inset[], Show[],
ShowLegend[] and Graphics[], but to no avail. Any insights or suggestions
would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Mike