image is not graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110874] image is not graphics
  • From: Alessandro <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:04:12 -0400 (EDT)

I have to admit that I'm really tired with Mathematica's assumption that
"Image is not a graphics primitive or directive":
I lost track of how many times I received that annoying error, due to
this stupid internal dichotomy.

At the moment I get the error since I'm trying to set in some way the
output of the composition of two images with ImageSize, so I tried:

Print[Graphics[ImageCompose[bi,   Graphics[Locator[{0, 0}, loc]],
{nx/2 - b, ny/2 + a}], ImageSize -> 300]],

Seems that I cannot put Graphics around ImageCompose, since the latter
returns an image which <sarcasm> as we all know is not a Graphics
object...  </sarcasm> so how do I use ImageSize?

I'll be grateful to anybody who will help me here,
but really this kind problem is happening more and more often - I
believe that some rethinking of the graphics would be appreciated...

thank you

alessandro