Re: How to *really* remove a symbol?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110923] Re: How to *really* remove a symbol?
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 06:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Yaroslav,

I can not reproduce the behavior you report. M7.0, Win Xp. Once the symbol
is removed,
OwnValues[symbol] always returns an empty list. In fact, I never heard of
anything different. One
problematic case is when there remain symbols whose definitions contained
the removed
symbol - it is then changed to Removed[symbol] in those, but you seem to be
worried
about something else.

May be you could provide an exact sequence of inputs which lead to the
behavior you observed?

Regards,
Leonid