total newbie

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111020] total newbie
  • From: "Michael Robinson" <kellrobinson at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:15:51 -0400 (EDT)

I downloaded mathematica tonight so I can do an assignment.  I have to
modify a file our teacher posted on the class website, solve some equations
and generate a curve...
okay, this file ends in the extension nb.
I need to know how to make the commands in the file execute.

Now don't laugh.  I put the  cursor at the end of the line (for example a
ParametricPlot command) and hit enter.  I get a carriage return.

My problem is so elementary that the help menus don't even address it.