Re: Show left hand side

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111054] Re: Show left hand side
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:05:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/17/2010 5:16 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When Mathematica prints an expression not terminated by a semicolon, I
> find it hard to match up the output with what I was trying output when a
> block of commands has many commands not terminated by a semicolon. Is
> there a way to get Mathematica to output the LHS so when I have R=1+1 it
> outputs R = 2 or something like that.
>
> Thanks!

I think You are trying to find a solution to the not best way of using
Mathematica. Better to change the method you are using.

I would put each command in a separate cell. This way, you will have one
command followed by its output below it. I like to also use the Report
style sheet, this makes output cells more clear.

But if you want to have more than one command in the same cell, you
could always use Print[] to print the output of the command, and this
way you can add a string label to the Print command to help you
determine which command it was.

Something like

Print["x=", x = Pi/2];
Print["a=", a = Sin[x]];