Re: Problems with Workbench Debugger Breakpoints

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111104] Re: Problems with Workbench Debugger Breakpoints
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

I haven't actually used the debugger or done this myself, so I may be on
shaky ground.

But I believe it you want to debug across multiple applications, that is
multiple application projects in Workbench and not simply multiple packages
within one application project, then you have to specify references to other
projects.

Right click on the project and go to "Properties" (at the bottom) on the
context menu. Select "Project References" and check the other applications
that are involved in the debugging.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Nate Dudenhoeffer [mailto:ndudenhoeffer at gmail.com]

I have several packages for which the breakpoints do not seem to work in the
Wolfram Workbench debugger.  When I copy the content to a new package it
works as expected.  I don't have a lot of experience using the debugger, but
I have played with it on and off for a few months, and haven't seen this
issue before.

Is there some setting that I have missed?  Or are my packages somehow
getting corrupted?  It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot in the forum
about Workbench, has anyone else seen similar issues?

I think I have traced the issue to a package that has some of my basic
functions in it.  I am debugging some code in an upper level package with
calls three other packages.  One of the three is also called within each of
the other two, and I believe the issue is in this one.  The private
functions within that package don't seem to work unless it is called
explicitly by at the top level.  I am still learning how some of the
relationships work between packages, so please feel free to shed some light
here if you would like.

Thanks in advance,
Nate