Re: Hatched shading?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111174] Re: Hatched shading?
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:08:00 -0400 (EDT)

In my XP SP3 it the DPark's solution works perfect.

Beside, I tried several PlotPoints settings and see that below 150 points
the hatching starts to go uneven. With 100 points it becomes pretty
unusable.

And, I have had similar problems with *RegionFunction* when applied to some
rotated and translated functions plots. The corresponding
(rotated/translated) *RegionFunction* specification sometimes works and
sometimes does not when applied to the same (rotated/translated) functions.
I solved the problem by applying the corresponding 'rotation/translation' to
the original 'PlotRangle rectangle' and then plotting by hand only the
points of the shifted functions lying within the rotated/translated
PlotRangle rectangle.

My problem seems to be related with the computation of the intersections
with of the converted functions with the corresponding new *PlotRange*
limits.

The examples I have are too large, and perhaps tricky, to be posted here. I
will try to isolate some simpler example to post it.

E. Martin-Serrano