Re: Usage statements, hyperlinks, and usage button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111176] Re: Usage statements, hyperlinks, and usage button
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

As my question in 2010 is still relevant to 2004, I'll post here some code
that I put together yesterday that might also be relevant to someone else
in future years for developing usage statements:

With[
  {
   hyperlinkConstructor :=

    Function[
     {text, linkText, linkLocation},

     With[
      {preText =
        "\!\(\*ButtonBox[\(" <> linkText <>
         "\),Active->\"True\",BaseStyle->\"Link\",ButtonData->\"",
       postText = "\"]\)"
       },

      With[
       {hyperlinkText = StringJoin[preText, linkLocation, postText]},
       text <> " " <> hyperlinkText
        ]
      ]
    ]
   },

  n::usage =
   hyperlinkConstructor[
    "n[a_] .... explanation that uses a NormalDistribution.",
    "Read more about NormalDistribution.",
    "paclet:ref/NormalDistribution"
    ]
  ]