Re: Subscript in AxesLabel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111256] Re: Subscript in AxesLabel
  • From: "J. Batista" <jbatista800 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:59:28 -0400 (EDT)

Here is a possible solution.  When you append the AxesLabel option to the
end of your ListPlot3D command line, you should place your label for each
individual axis in quotation marks (i.e. AxesLabel -> {"Label 1", "Label
2"}).  This will indicate to Mathematica to treat the labels as text
strings.  Now, to achieve subscripts in your labels, simply use the
subscript icon at the bottom of the Basic Math Input palette.  While this
may be sufficient for your needs, if you wish to alter the final appearance
of the labels, you may highlight the label text within the quotation marks
and use the Format drop-down menu to alter properties such as font, size,
and color of the selected text.

Best Regards,
J. Batista