Re: Disable save in player pro

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111331] Re: Disable save in player pro
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

On 27/07/10 12:53, Nate Dudenhoeffer wrote:
> I am deploying several notebooks using player pro.  Is there a way to
> prevent the user from getting the "Save Changes" dialog on exit?  I want to
> ensure that every time a user opens the file it looks exactly the same.
>
> I suppose this could be accomplished by locking the file, but I also would
> like to avoid confusing the user with a save dialog.
>
> Thanks,
> Nate

If, while you are preparing the notebook in Mathematica, you execute:

SetOptions[SelectedNotebook[], Saveable -> False]

This will cause the notebook to be simply discarded if it is closed. The
Save menu option is grayed out, but you can save such a notebook using
Save As.

This option is often useful when your program creates temporary display
notebooks of various sorts that are not meant to be saved.

David Bailey

http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk