Non-linear Programming - Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110088] Non-linear Programming - Plot3D
  • From: "Trevor Rabey" <trevorATperfectproject.com.au at giganews.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

I can use Plot3D to plot a surface z as a function of x and y, say z = x^2-y^2, abd the NLP problem is to max or min z on some region defined by a function or functions such as:
x + y <= 12, x<=10, y <=10
I cannot seem to find a good way to plot the constraints, ie the extrusion of the region from the xy plane.
Help, anyone? TIA.
--
Trevor Rabey