Re: Colored wire ContourPlot3d

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110097] Re: Colored wire ContourPlot3d
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:41:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

for your first question there's a fast answer: Use None instead
of smth with Opacity

ContourPlot3D[f[x, y, z], {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}, {z, -5, 5},
  Contours -> {-0.1, 0.1}, PlotRange -> All, ContourStyle -> None,
  MeshStyle -> {{Red, Opacity[0.1]}, {Blue, Opacity[0.1]}}]

is incredible fast compared to your version.

For your second question, right now I don't see a faster way than you
suggested.

For your third question I would suggest that you check out the
MaxRecursion option. To let Mathematica subdivide regions with
complex structures is very often better than just increase the plot-
points.

Plot[Sin[x^2], {x, 0, 2 Pi}, PlotPoints -> 5, MaxRecursion -> #,
    Mesh -> All] & /@ {3, 10}

Cheers
Patrick