Re: tabulating expression with arbitrary precision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110122] Re: tabulating expression with arbitrary precision
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 02:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

f[x_] := Sqrt[x]

Table[{x, f[SetPrecision[x, 25]]}, {x, 0, 2, .1}]

Table[{x, f[N[Rationalize[x], 25]]}, {x, 0, 2, .1}]

Bob Hanlon

---- Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl> wrote:

Hi,

I need to tabulate a certain expression dependent on variable x,
for a number of x values, using arbitrary precision (the expression is
badly conditioned). I need at least 20 correct significant digits.
I had an example showing how to do this, but
unfortunately I have not saved that file, and now I have to do this again,
but I am not very familiar with MATHEMATICA. Perhaps someone will
agree to refresh my memory and give a proper example.

Leslaw