Eliminating vertical lines in piecewise plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110214] Eliminating vertical lines in piecewise plot
  • From: erkutsonmez <erkuts at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:09:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I am plotting a piecewise function. Mathematica is joining the step
points with vertical lines. How can I get rid of these vertical lines
which makes my plot ugly. I tried Exclusions option but did not help.

To be more specific I have the following plot:

Plot[Piecewise[{{1,
    First[Max[EBProfit1server1years1per, EBProfit2server1years1per] -
CONProfit1per] > 0}}, 0], {x, 0,
  2}, PlotStyle -> {{Black, Thickness[0.004]}},
 AxesStyle -> Directive[Thick, 24, Bold], AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
 PlotPoints -> 10000, MaxRecursion -> 15, AspectRatio -> Automatic]

where EBProfit1server1years1per, EBProfit2server1years1per, and
CONProfit1per are also predefined piecewise functions. When I run this
plot I see that mathematica is joining the step points with vertical
lines. How can I avoid these vertical lines.

Thanks for the help.
Erkut