Re: Push to clipboard?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110210] Re: Push to clipboard?
  • From: István Zachar <zac at freemail.hu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 07:08:30 -0400 (EDT)

Your 4 steps can be challenged easily one by one:

1. It can be another notebook, which is already opened, and I want to
put a large list after a new assigment (like "newVar = [paste value
here]"), I definitely don't want to use NotebookPut, or similar
constructs creating a NEW notebook object.
2. Your method suggests that the actual value of the variable is
onscreen. What if it is not displayed at all? What if it is extremely
long, and I didn't print it on screen, but still want to move it to
another application? Yes, still I can print it in Mathematica, and then copy
it, but this is obviously not the solution I'm looking for.
3. There is no current selection, only a variable, which is possibly
not even printed to screen.
4. The whole point of push to clipboard is not to deal with files at
all.

istvan