Nonlinear Least Squares lsqnonlin

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110232] Nonlinear Least Squares lsqnonlin
  • From: Juan Jose Cardenas <juanjose at yandex.ru>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:21:40 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to solve a system of non-linear equations that involves
logarithms of several variables. I have developed code in another system to do
so using the function lsqnonlin.  Is there an equivalent function in
Mathematica 7?

I need to input the function matrix, the initial approximation vector,
and the precision and get a vector with the solution values of the
variables.

I don't seem to find anything by searching on the web.

Thank you