Re: WORKBENCH VS MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110352] Re: WORKBENCH VS MATHEMATICA
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 02:28:01 -0400 (EDT)

I generally use Mathematica -- even for projects of quite considerable
size (tens of thousands of lines of Mathematica code).  I can organize
things within a notebook far more efficiently and document things
directly within the notebook to provide detailed reminders to myself
of the reasons why I chose the methods that I did.

I use http://www.scientificarts.com/worklife (which, indeed itself is
one of those very large applications) to be able to move the package
from its development directory to the various Mathematica Applications
directories, adn to be able to load and reload the package iteratively
as I develop it.

--David