Difficulty with saving Package .m files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110418] Difficulty with saving Package .m files
  • From: M Kelly <michaelkelly1444 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:04:10 -0400 (EDT)

I am having difficulties in saving or editing the Package .m files.
If I open a .m file and attempt to make any changes to it and then
Save the file or even use Save As, then it always wraps every line
with (* *) annotation brackets, making the file unusable when I
attempt to load in the definitions with Get[].

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, or is it the case that
Mathematica is just forcing me to use the IDE Wolfram Workbench to
make any changes?

Any help would be appreciated.