Re: Bar chart style with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110477] Re: Bar chart style with ListPlot
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 03:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

The Presentations package has a UnitBar primitive. You can create bars with
the various characteristics of the bars in BarChart, and then scale and
transport them to whatever locations you wish. You could have horizontal
bars, or put the bars on the perimeter of a circle or whatever. You could
combine them and tailor them as you wish and easily combine with other
graphics.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Michael A. Gilchrist [mailto:mikeg at utk.edu]

Hello,

I'm working with some discrete probability functions and plotting them using

ListPlot.  Given the nature of the function, I believe its clearest to
represent the values using bars rather than points.  I know there's a
BarChart
function, but it isn't as easy to use (e.g. you can't just give it a list of

x, y coordinates and you can't easily have overlaying datasets, they sit
next
to each other).

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and/or has any
suggestions on how to solve it.  For example, are there options I can set
that
will give me the desired behavior?

Thanks for your time in this matter,

Sincerely,