ContourStyle Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110540] ContourStyle Question
  • From: Jon <jkparry at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 04:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All

I'd like to plot contour lines consisting of a solid line with short diagonal lines on one side, something like this

--------------------  <---(solid line along the contour)
/////////////////  <---(short diagonal lines on one side)

I'm making a plot of experimental data and I want to show that the region on one side of the contour is allowed while the other side is not.

I don't want resort to shading the entire region because it is quite a busy figure and the colouring will make it difficult to read.

Is there a ContourStyle which does this?
If not, can I create my own ContourStyle which can?

Thanks in advance!

Jon