Re: Lauching application from an icon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110556] Re: Lauching application from an icon
  • From: Chris Degnen <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:27:55 -0400 (EDT)

I have still found no way to launch a Mathematica application in
the front-end, directly from an icon (or via cmd).
On a previous thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/022d34bca79f6375?pli=1

the following were suggested, but they don't work.  Any ideas?

(cmd line)  start foo.nb
containing:
UsingFrontEnd[
  nb = NotebookOpen["MYFILETOEXECUTE.nb"];
  SelectionMove[nb, All, Notebook];
  FrontEndTokenExecute[nb, "EvaluateCells"];
]

or

MathKernel -noprompt -run "(*some command*);Quit[]"