Re: auto-save in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107847] Re: auto-save in Mathematica
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 04:40:58 -0500 (EST)

eric g wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> My system crashed and I lost 4 hour of coding, how to setup auto-save in
> Mathematica.
> thanks in advance,
> Eric

You don't really want Mathematica to save your work at arbitrary points
of time - if you are working on it, the chances are what you save will
be impossible to run. Also, if your system does crash, there is a high
probability that it may be writing to disk when the crash actually happens.

I save regularly, and I have learned to notice the little asterisk next
to the file name on the caption bar that tells you that the file has
been changed since the last save.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk