Re: Developing C code with Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107985] Re: [mg107944] Developing C code with Workbench
  • From: Adam Berry <adamb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:30:37 -0500 (EST)

On 3/3/10 4:53 AM, George Arles wrote:
> I would like to use Workbench for writing C code as well as for
> Mathematica, but I have no clue how to set it up.  Has anyone out
> there done this?

Hello,

because Workbench is built on Eclipse, you can use the Eclipse C
Development Tools for doing C development.

You can install this as follows;

Help > Install New Software

then copy;

http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/

into the "work with field".

Once it has populated the list, under Programming languages you will
find Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools select that using the checkbox on
the left, there are a few other things that mention C/C++ in that
category that you might also want to select.

Click Next, and then continue through the wizard, you may have to accept
some licenses and confirm the install, but click Finish once its
available and everything should be installed. Once that process has
finished you will be prompted for a restart of the workbench, make sure
you do that.

After this you might want to open the help to start getting an idea for
how to use the C tools, we don't support those as they are not developed
by us. For more information on the CDT see their site at;

http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/

Thanks,

Adam Berry
Wolfram Workbench Development Team