Re: Re: learning calculus through mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107999] Re: [mg107971] Re: learning calculus through mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 04:30:28 -0500 (EST)

Try contacting the folks at the Calculus & Mathematica project at
University of Illinois and Ohio State.  They should be able to point you
to, or provide, the objective studies they did on performance in their
Calculus & Mathematica program vs. standard courses.

As I recall, one of their methods was to compare grades of the two
groups in subsequent courses.

Unless I recall incorrectly, I posted about that very project to this
group before.  Whether or not I did, please do try to follow up on my
suggestion above.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305