Re: Export 3D plots to pdf in vector format -->large files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108036] Re: Export 3D plots to pdf in vector format -->large files
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:02:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 5, 3:41 am, former <pma... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to ask whether there is a way to export 3d surfaces to pdf
> without rasterizing them, while not producing extremely large pdf
> files. In previous versions of Mathematica there existed an option
> RenderAll -> False, which could be used to avoid rendering non-showing
> polygons. Is there a way to have a similar result in version 7?

It might helpful for you to explain what you're trying to accomplish
by exporting the 3D graphic to a vector PDF file.  Do to limitations
of the PDF format it will not look the same as what you see on screen
in Mathematica (and the closer the PDF looks to the original, the
larger the file will be).  Does your desire for editability outweigh
your desire for accurate visual reproduction?

-Rob