Re: how to extract coefficients of non-cosine term?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108118] Re: [mg108047] how to extract coefficients of non-cosine term?
  • From: "Christoph Lhotka" <christoph.lhotka at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:18:03 -0500 (EST)

hello, if I understood right, and you want the non-zero average
contributions of a generic Fourier series, try out accordingly:

fseries /. Cos[__]|Sin[__]|Exp[__]->0

(delete the cosine terms)

will return the non zero average terms.

--
Mag. Christoph Lhotka
University of Vienna / Institute for Astronomy
mail. lhotka at astro.univie.ac.at