Re: Conjugate of symbolic expressions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108089] Re: Conjugate of symbolic expressions
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:12:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Joe,

I think ComplexExpand will be helpful for you. It make Mathematica
assume all variables in the contained expression are real. To improve
readibility of Conjugate you might want to input it as esc-conj-esc
(at the end of the expression, perhaps between parenthesis), so that
you only have the superscripted star.

Cheers -- Sjoerd