Re: Possible bug in Table and/or lists (Mathematica v.7)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108129] Re: Possible bug in Table and/or lists (Mathematica v.7)
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 06:19:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Vijay,
this has to do with list assignment. If on both side of "=" we have list
of the same length, the assignment is element by element. If the length
differ, the right list is assigned to every element on the left side. A
workaround is to use "Sequence"E.g. try:
t[[{1, 2, 3}]] = Sequence@{q, q, q};
Daniel

--

Daniel Huber