Re: ZTransform for a non-causal unstable signal. How to make Mathematica gives correct result?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108216] Re: ZTransform for a non-causal unstable signal. How to make Mathematica gives correct result?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 06:30:39 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Daniel;

I really really did look at the definition, quickly, and saw it as
saying -infinity to infinity, but now I looked again, with larger
magnification, and it is 0 to infinity. Clearly I need better glasses or
make the fonts larger on my screen.

I think this is a bit unfortunate how the Z transform is defined, because
the "more" standard or common way is from -infinity to infinity.

But my error, ok. I'll live with this definition, as long as I can get the
correct result.

thanks,

--Nasser