Symbolize, subscripted variables, and annoying TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108274] Symbolize, subscripted variables, and annoying TraditionalForm
  • From: metobillc <metobillc at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:11:09 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

  After loading the Notation package and enabling subscripted
variables with Symbolize[Subscript[a_,b_]], they display normally in
StandardForm.  However, I'd like them to also display normally in
TraditionalForm, instead of displaying a_Subscript_b (where the
underscore is actually an underbracket).  I tried
Format[Subscript[a_,b_],TraditionalForm]:=StandardForm[Subscript[a,b]],
but that did not work.  Any ideas?

Bill Campbell