Video compression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108336] Video compression
  • From: Robert Pigeon <robert.pigeon at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 05:14:01 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

                As you all know we can Import a video in Mathematica 7 and
then explore frames for example. But, usually a video that is obtain from
the Net is in a compress form of some sort. Then frames cannot be extracted
to do some image processing. We cannot even play it in Mathematica.

                My question: is it possible to uncompress a video in
Mathematica or do I have to open the video outside Mathematica in a video
player and, if possible, save it in an uncompress form?

Thanks for any help,

Robert