Automatically identifying a directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108396] Automatically identifying a directory
  • From: Will DeBeest <wildebeestz at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:46:21 -0500 (EST)

When using notebooks I can use NotebookDirectory[] to return a string
for the notebook path. Unless I've missed something obvious there
doesn't appear to be a way of automatically finding directories if you
are running *.m files remotely from a terminal. Basically I have an
*.m file and I'd like to have something like MFileDirectory[] so that
the path is identified when the file is run remotely. It seems simple/
obvious. Any ideas?