Re: Axeslabel containing capital n

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108433] Re: [mg108404] Axeslabel containing capital n
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 04:41:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Jim,

where is the problem? Chose one of these

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 1}, AxesLabel -> {"N", "C"}]
Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 1},
 AxesLabel -> {Style["N", 16], Style["C", Italic, 16]}]
Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 1}, AxesLabel -> {\[CapitalNu], \[CapitalChi]}]
Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 1},
 AxesLabel -> {\[DoubleStruckCapitalN], \[DoubleStruckCapitalC]}]

Have fun, Alexei

Hi

In my plot I need to label my y-axis N, but Mathematica recognizes
this as numerical value. How do I turn this off while plotting, so I
can label my axis N?

Also, I need to change the font of the N. But I guess that is easy as
long as the above problem is taken care of (i.e. just use Style)?

Best,
Jim.

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.