Re: solving equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108545] Re: solving equations
  • From: Maria Davis <arbiadr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 02:41:48 -0500 (EST)

> The Min of two unspecified variables cannot be reduced. Adding that
> one of them equals Infinity doesn't help. The other might be the same.

Hi Sjoerd;

Thank you for your help.
The equations presented in the file are the result of another
software, I know that they contain much redunduncy, but I must resolve them.
For example, the given equations are:
a=Min(c, d)
c=infinity

I want mathematica to solve the system above and returns a=d
I don't understand why "Min" can not be reduced, so, please, is there
any solution?
I have also noticed that the term infinity is not understood as a
value but as a string.
Please I need your help.
Thank you.