popup/action menu and sub menu

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108547] popup/action menu and sub menu
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:41:49 -0500 (EST)

I would appreciate other members' opinion on this:

It appears that it is not possible, or at least it is not obvious to
me, to create sub menus exclusively from popup menus in Mathematica.
What do you think?

Perhaps it is posible to use a combination of action menu (for the
main menu) and popup menu (for the sub menu)
For ex. I 'd like a popup/action menu with
item1
item2
item3

on it, and when you click on item 3 you get a sub menu
subitem1
subitem2
subitem3

a typical example could be a Font selection.
Could somebody provide a working example?
Please do not use GUIkit or Super Widget packages, just plain Mathematica.
Thank you