Re: Tube plot function in Mathematica???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108591] Re: Tube plot function in Mathematica???
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 05:02:49 -0500 (EST)

Well you probably have not been looking in the documentation for long
as typing the word 'tube' already provides you with the answer.
Something like

Graphics3D[
 Tube[Table[{Sin[3 t], Sin[t] + 2 Sin[2 t], Cos[t] - 2 Cos[2 t]}, {t,
    0, 2 \[Pi], \[Pi]/40}], 0.1]]

should work for you (at least, if you have version 7). Otherwise you
have to resort to ParametricPlot3D and have a parametric description
of the surface of your object available.

Cheers -- Sjoerd