quartic equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108729] quartic equation
  • From: Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:57:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am totally unexperienced in MATHEMATICA, and I am looking for some
advice. I need to solve a quartic equation symbolically, that is to factor
a fourth order polynomial given in the power base. The coefficients
of the polynomial are complicated expressions of a number of parameters,
and I need to obtain expressions for the roots as functions of these
parameters. Is there any way to do this? I would appreciate if
anybody can send me some simple example code showing how this sort
of problems can be solved.

Leslaw