Re: priorities between @, @@ and //

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108763] Re: priorities between @, @@ and //
  • From: Norbert Marxer <marxer at mec.li>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 05:03:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 29, 2:20 pm, guerom00 <guero... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just a quick question : what are the priority between all those
> operators ? I mean :
> - what is f@x//g ? Is it f[g[x]] or g[f[x]]
> - what is f@@{a,b}[[2]] ? Is it f[b] or (f[a,b])[[2]]
>
> You see what I mean... What are the rules for the priority of all
> those operators ?
>
> TIA :)

Hello

Enter "tutorial/OperatorInputForms" in the text field in the Help
Documentation Center, hit return and scroll down to a long table which
gives you the precedence of all the operators.

A quick way to find out is also: select a symbol in the middle of your
expression, press "Ctrl ." and you will see whether Mathematica binds
to the left or right.

Best Regards
Norbert Marxer