Re: How to change LineIndent for a cell or the notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113582] Re: How to change LineIndent for a cell or the notebook
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 02:56:16 -0500 (EST)

Menu:

Mathematica | Preferences... | Advanced | Open Option Inspector | Options for Global Preferences | Formatting Options | Expression Formatting | Linebreaking Options | LineIndent

or when at Options for Global Preferences search for indent

Or you can do it for the selected notebook rather than globally.

Bob Hanlon

---- "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote:

=============
I'd like to increase the default LineIndent used now, which has default
of 1 (em) on my system (Mathematica 7, windows).

But I am not able to find a clear description of how to actually make
the change. I see description of the option itself, but not how to
actually use it to do the actual changes.

I'd like to change the default to make LineIndent Larger, so the code
will look more clear.  I do not know how to make a specific open cell to
have different LineIndent, or to change the whole notebook setting for this.

I tried

In[119]:= LineIndent/.Options[Cell]
Out[119]= 1.
In[114]:= SetOptions[Cell,LineIndent->2]
LineIndent/.Options[Cell]
Out[115]= 1.

But I need to tell it which 'cell' I am talking about in the above. Need
a CellID?

Best, If I can change the default. I opend Mathematica's own Default.nb
and Core.nb, and looked, but do not see the option there. No search opton

Looked in preferences, and not there.

Any one knows of simple instructions on how to make these change?

thank you,
--Nasser

--

Bob Hanlon