Mathematica 8 "natural language" capabilities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113942] Mathematica 8 "natural language" capabilities
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:08:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get the "natural language" capabilities of Mathematica 8 to work as described? If I type Ctrl+= followed by

=09plot sin x and cos x

as listed in the examples, I get an error message saying that no Mathematica translations exist. Yet if I evaluate

=09WolframAlpha["plot sin x and cos x"]

I get the output I would expect.

Many thanks,

Jason

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm