Re: Varying plot symbols according to additional

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113927] Re: Varying plot symbols according to additional
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:05:50 -0500 (EST)

data = RandomReal[{0, 1}, {15, 4}] // Sort;

Again, letting data represent {x, y, marker size, marker hue}

Row[{
  Graphics[{Line[data[[All, {1, 2}]]],
    {Hue[#[[4]]], Disk[#[[1 ;; 2]],
        Max[#[[3]]/40, .006]]} & /@ data},
   Frame -> True,
   PlotRange -> {{-0.025, 1.025}, {-0.025, 1.025}},
   ImageSize -> 360],
  ListPlot[List /@ data[[All, {1, 2}]],
   PlotStyle -> ({
        AbsolutePointSize[Max[18 #[[3]], 4]],
        Hue[#[[4]]]} & /@ data),
   Prolog -> Line[data[[All, {1, 2}]]],
   Frame -> True,
   Axes -> False,
   AspectRatio -> 1,
   PlotRange ->
    {{-0.025, 1.025}, {-0.025, 1.025}},
   ImageSize -> 360]}]

Bob Hanlon

---- Leo Ditolaghi <leoditolaghi at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, Bob. Is there any way to do this in the context of the
existing Plot functions too?

Thanks again :)

Leo